Monday, August 13, 2012

Taking it back to my roots of food blogging today! I had some YUMMY food this weekend and thought I'd share...
After a great long run Saturday morning, I came home craving one of my favorite easy meals... Toasted turkey with goat cheese, spicy mustard, and apple slices.  Only I realized I didn't have apples and substituted peaches instead. Not bad : )



Dinner Saturday night turned out not bad either. In fact, it was DELICIOUS!!! I went over to help my friend Joey prepare to host her husband's football team cookout, but a last minute team meeting lead to the whole thing being called off. Instead of hosting, we left the five pounds of burgers and dogs in the fridge and headed out for an impromptu girls night : ) Within 30 minutes we were seated at the bar of Soul Gastrolounge enthralled in the amazing menu trying to decide what to order first! P.S. Never believe the hostess when she says there's a two hour wait. Slip her some cash or do what we did... pounce on the first bar stools that come available! Sitting at the bar is way more fun anyways.




Pork belly tacos with watermelon salsa...most AMAZING food ever! (This pic came from Yelp... I was too busy stuffing my face to take pretty pics)We also had the taramasalata and a replay roll. 

And last but definitely not least, on Sunday I finally decided to try out a new sweet potato recipe. It was very easy to make, and I loved it! Can you tell I have a thing for brussels sprouts too?


Spicy garlic black beans, Baked sweet potato filled with spicy black beans and topped with a warm goat cheese honey spread, And of course brussels sprouts with spicy mustard.
Oh, I almost forgot...  I was craving something sweet Sunday night and decided to try ad-libbing a recipe for black bean brownies.  Can you say EPIC FAIL!?!  More like disgusting bean flavored eggy pudding.  Disgusting!  Made their way to the trash can faster than anything containing chocolate ever should.  Maybe next time I'll actually follow a recipe.  I'll give them one more shot.

1 comment: