Friday, August 3, 2012

*Let Me Entertain You Disclaimer*

As noted in my original post, I did have a little accident recently that has somewhat interrupted my videos.  I was very lucky no one else was hurt or involved, and that the accident wasn't any worse that it was.  Nevertheless, it made me think.  Even with all of the hype about texting or using cell phones while driving, I've always disregarded the warnings and continued to use my phone while driving.  Having this little incident has made me realize how easily accidents can happen, I actually wasn't even videoing at the time but was simply changing the song on my Ipod.

I've had so many friends request to be added to my viewing list when sending out videos, and posting them on my blog is an easy way to share the love and entertainment.  After giving it a lot of thought I've decided to share while making it clear that I DO NOT promote cell phone use while driving in any way, but rather want to use this as an opportunity to encourage you to be safe.

As a professional in the medical field and especially working with kids, I feel it's my duty to be a good role model and struggled over my decision to post the videos for fear of setting a bad example.  From now on I only plan to record when the car is in park, but life is too short not to have fun and share the love : )



No comments:

Post a Comment