Sunday, March 27, 2011

Healthy Hot Chocolate : )

If you know me, you know I love hot chocolate : )  I’ve found it to be a great way to satisfy chocolate cravings. Using cocoa powder (found on the baking isle) only adds 10 calories (per tbsp)  to those in the milk used and avoids chemicals and fat found in preservatives of processed cocoa mixes. Here is my personal recipe:

  • Heat 1 cup milk of choice (skim or almond are the best) in microwave to desired temperature.

  • Stir in 1 tsp of Hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder.  Heat for 15 seconds more and stir again.

  • Use splenda or truvia to sweeten to preferred taste.  Sprinkle with crushed almonds.  (Regular milk chocolate cocoa powder may be used for those who don’t like dark chocolate.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks for the add on FB. I'm kinda new too. Wow. This site is the place to go for nutrition. Good job. My niche in writing blogs is more about the relationship side of Food. Please visit. Maybe follow if you take the notion. Again, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this sounds soo delicious! Love your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Food and relationship definitely go hand in hand... I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete