Monday, March 28, 2011

Dinner and Dessert : )

After picking up a few veggies from the grocery store I  headed home to figure out what to do with them for dinner... The following is what I came up with.



I steamed a bag of frozen brussel sprouts in the microwave for 5 minutes.  In the meantime I placed a frying pan over medium heat and sprayed with low fat cooking spray.  Next I added 1/2 can of tuna, chopped mushrooms, onions, and some spicy brown mustard.  Once the brussel sprouts were done steaming, I sliced them into smaller bits and added them to the mix.  When the brussel sprouts were nice and toasty, I tossed in a few sliced grape tomatoes and removed from the heat.  For a side I warmed half of a Flat Out wrap and dinner was served!

Not my favorite dish, but it was satisfying.  Maybe next time I'll use chicken instead of tuna.  And add some chic peas.

Dessert was great though!



I had a plantain that was getting a little too ripe as well as a few strawberries that would soon go bad.  I sliced both into thin pieces and tossed them into the frying pan with a drizzel of honey and a sprinkle of almond slices.  When the fruit was toasted on both sides I removed them from the heat and enjoyed with my favorite after dinner drink... hot chocolate : )

No comments:

Post a Comment