Monday, July 2, 2012

July Already.

Yesterday I had planned to go to church but when I was finally ready to walk out the door, it was 10:30.  Church starts at 10:30.  Crap.  So instead, I changed clothes again and went to Panera to listen to a sermon via podcast and do a little journaling.  I've been really slacking when it comes to writing and keeping making/completing my monthly goals. (I like to make lists and get lots of pleasure from checking them off as you'll see...)  I ordered my all time favorite salad- the asian chicken salad YUM! - and had to settle for the second best table.  My usual window seat was occupied by a guy who looked to be of Indian decent with headphones and a book in front of him.  As I settled in and began eating/listening to the sermon, I noticed the guy kept looking at me, and it freaked me out a little, not gonna lie!  I avoided eye contact and went about my business until I thought I heard him say something. Turns out he was asking me a question, so I took my headphones out and asked him to repeat the question.  Here's how it played out from the writing in my journal...

"I hate I missed church this morning, but feel that things happen for a reason and I'm where I need to be.  Hopefully I didn't miss out on any blessings.  Lord please help me to be open and receptive.  Give me words and help me not be shy!  There is an Indian guy sitting at the table next to me and he just asked me if I was at Epcot last night.  At least thats what I think he said.  I couldn't really understand him and was a little confused, so I politely replied, "No" and without being able to come up with anything else to say, turned back to my Ipad and put my headphones back in.    -And boy, God, do you answer questions/prayers fast sometimes!  lol.  I just put my writing on hold in the middle of that last sentence because the guy started talking to me again.  Complimenting my handwriting and asking me a million questions:  "What are you writing, Why do you keep a journal, What do you write about, Are you in school?".  It was an interesting conversation I guess, with several awkward moments intermingled.  Such as when he pointed out that I have "the salad in the teeth" and when he asked why, if my toenails are painted and legs are shaved, did I neglect the upper half of my body and not shave my arms or paint my fingernail!  Hahaha :)  I have to admit I was slightly caught off guard.  A lot caught off guard.  It was a little hard not to be offended, but pretty hilarious.  I've had my fair share of laughs over it all now.  So "Nick", if my journals ever do make it through publishing as you asked, here's a shout out to you.  Thanks for making my lunch interesting.  :)  And on that note, I think I'll pack up and head to the Running Company for a new pair of shoes (thanks Groupon).  I'll finish my writing later.  Happy Sunday!"

Too funny!  Oh yeah, and Epcot turned out to be the Epicenter!  I figured this out from the mention of Enso.

Anyways, let me go ahead and make this disclaimer... I am in no way a grammatical genius and this is one thing that has held me back from starting my book as planned.  Please don't hold it against me.  I also use smiley faces in my writing.  A LOT!  I've even had entries about my smiley faces.  Because I'm terrible at drawing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment