Wednesday, June 12, 2013

One Week In

I can't believe I've been here for a week already!  Where has the time gone?  I had a few days to get oriented to the city last week and began my first day of work today :)  Work so far is AWESOME although I still have some big decisions to make as I interview for a full time position this Friday.  Prayers for guidance are much appreciated!

I have to say that the weather is gorgeous, although it is a a little chilly for me at times.  I'm used to the 80 - 90 degree temps during the summer so the 72 degree evenings once the sun goes down are definitely something I'll have to get used to.

This weekend was great.  We had a nice, relaxing day on Saturday strolling through La Jolla and hanging out with friends.  We had a yummy dinner at Roy's, a Hawaiian fusion restaurant and then went out downtown for a bit.  Sunday was a lazy morning of blueberry muffins (made by D), HGTV(my Sat am ritual), and then lunch/exploring Encinitas where I may possibly be starting to work full time.
Out for a walk
 Went for a run and did a little sightseeing!
Petco Park




View of the nieghborhood 

 Patiently waiting for dinner :)  Jackson LOVES his new friends!  
Prospect Bar and Grill

Top Down :)

Pacific Hwy



I'm really loving it here so far, but wish I could get used to the time difference from East to West.  I'm used to thinking 3 hours behind when trying to talk to D and now must think 3 hours ahead... sadly when I get to a point in my day that I'm ready to call home, it's usually 11 or 12 at night there.  But I'll get it figured out soon :)


1 comment:

  1. Ahhh!! I'm so glad you're settling in so nicely! Everything looks gorgeous, and I'm glad Jackson likes his buddies!!

    ReplyDelete