Thursday, April 21, 2011

I'm a bit of a habitual eater...

I haven't posted in a while in fear that the meals I eat are so similar they won't appeal to my readers.  In the past few weeks I've continued to take pics of my meals with the intention of posting as soon as I found time, but when I sat down to make the post realized that all of the meals are so similar!  (I was also deterred because of the quality of the pics- they're all taken from my phone and definitely do not meet my creative standards)

As mentioned before, I only cook for myself and therefore have an abundance of the same ingredients.  Instead of making one large meal and eating the same left overs day after day, I split the ingredients and make different meals with them throughout the week.  One night I may have the vegetables mixed with hummus and the next with salsa, or my wrap may be filled with egg white on Monday and turkey on Tue.  (Saturday and Sunday are usually filled with enough variety to satisfy my splurge cravings until the next weekend.)

While I enjoy the meals, I have little faith that the average person/family would be content with such similar meals.  My new goal is to find easy, healthy recipes that appeal to a variety of palates, and will satisfy day to day cravings for everyone!

4/3/11 Mixed Veggies with Newman's Own Peach Salsa



4/4/11 Grilled Chicken on an English Muffin with Sauteed Mushrooms, Onions, and Spicy Mustard, side of Mixed Veggies and                   Peach Salsa



4/16/11  Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Topped with Peaches and Honey  (The dish on the side is a recipe in progress, I'll update you                 on it soon!)



4/16/11 Mini Garlic Lover's Hummus Wrap, Baked Sweet Potato with Peach Salsa on the Side, Toasted Brussel Sprouts and Chic                    Peas



4/17/11  Lite Italian Flat Out Wrap Stuffed with Garlic Lover's Hummus, Turkey, Grape Tomatos, and Lettuce, Toasted Brussel                       Sprouts with Spicy Mustard as a Side



4/19/11  See the above but subtract the turkey and add egg white and toasted brussels in the wrap.  Sweet Potato with Cinnamon                     on the Side.

4/20/11 Turkey and Tomato Lettuce Wrap with Spicy Brown Mustard, Sweet Potato, and Mixed Veggies with Newman's Own                         Black Bean and Corn Salsa



A frequent favorite is to mix cooked bulgar wheat, garlic hummus, grape tomatoes, and whatever assortment of steamed veggies I have available at the time.  Pop it in the microwave and enjoy for a quick and easy lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Lol I do the same thing! Banana oatmeal pancakes sounds delicious, btw. I just bought tortilla wraps yesterday, and I will probably literally be eating wraps for lunch everyday for the next week. I think it's cheaper to be a habitual eater too. :)

    ReplyDelete